Sunday, January 29, 2012

Silk Noil Scarf

I've started a skinny silk noil scarf on my Louet David floor loom. It's going to be a 5" wide undulating twill scarf set at 20 e.p.i.. It's a pretty silk noil yarn in peacock feather colors of dark blue, deep green, turquoise, and olive.

I've beamed the warp. Made the mistake of using the David's built-in raddle for this project. The raddle has too close a sett for this warp (1/5 inch or 1 cm), and this warp is too soft to handle any serious stress. I snapped about a dozen warp threads when I started to wind on, so I moved the warp down to a 1 inch raddle on the back beam. That decreased the stress and allowed me to finish winding it on without snapping the warp. I'm just going to be weaving an even skinnier scarf now.

I'm threading warp through the texsolv heddles. I'll probably use a 10-dent reed to sley.

No comments:

Post a Comment