Friday, May 14, 2010

Crafting as a Theoretical Pursuit

Usually I can natter on-and-on about one of my hobbies. I have not been giving much attention to my crafts in several years now.

There are a lot of reasons for this:

Space for the loom was a problem. I should say looms --I have quite a few of them.

Time. My daughter was born and suddenly I just didn't have any time anymore.

Competing crafts. Needlework, weaving, kumihimo, polymer clay, fine furniture woodworking, sewing, and I write stories. It's a balancing act.

Family Activities. Kind of a time thing, but really different. I have so many obligations to family that it makes craft time a very guilty pleasure.

I'm sure that many other crafters who are still in their working years are in the same boat. So, I'm creating this blog simply to chart my crafting activity. The blog may not get much in the way of action, but I'm using it to try to measure goals and jump-start my craft time.

No comments:

Post a Comment